Monday, August 29, 2011

First Big Rides

I am in shock.  Dane went on the rides at the fair and loved them.  Allyson really wanted to go on the ferris wheel.  She is 3.  I rode with her and my wife rode with Dane.  My sister was in the area and we met with her.

On one of the inflated jumping kids areas, Allyson got her skin on her heel peeled back.  My sister took Dane and went on some rides with him while we took Ally back to the car.  We needed to get her some socks or a band aid.  Something to protect that raw mark on her foot.

What are the odds of finding only 1 sock in the car?  It was black and wearing it with sandles it looked like a small cast.  Needless to say now she could walk because it wasn't rubbing against her shoe anymore.

Dane with cousin and aunt
We needed to catch up with my sister and find Dane.  We walked around the fair looking for her and decided we'd catch up with her when the entertainment started.  Ally wanted to go on the ferris wheel again.  We stood in line and there was Dane and my sister and her daughter waving at us.

Dane went on the ferris wheel, scrambler, spinning strawberry ride, hang glider and tilt a whirl while we were catering to Ally.  Those I thought would be intense for him but he had fun.  Later, my mother wanted to go on the tilt a whirl.  We took Dane and his cousin, Mia on the ride.  It was a fast ride and a car that spun a lot!  Dane was shaking and I told him to "Hold On."  He looked at me and said, "Daddy, this is cool!"  I laughed.  I did not expect him to go on these rides.

It is hard to believe he will be in kindergarten this year.  Tonight we met with his teacher.  She seemed nice.  Looking at his class mate list he only has 2 kids he knows from last year.  I wish they could have had him in a class with more kids he knew.  I told him that he will make lots of new friends.  He is happy to be going back to school.  The school system has a good routine and I think that helps Dane adapt better off in the long run.

Instead of Dane having therapy in the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays he will have it after school.  That will be easier on my wife who works all night in the factory and takes him.  Now, I will have to take him after work and after I pick him up from school.  I just worry how wore out he will be after going to school all day and then having a few hours therapy afterwords.  I am guessing he will sleep for the 40 minute drive there.  By that time he probably won't want to do anything because he will be too tired.  I hope it all goes well.  He has been through a lot the past few years since birth to 3 and intensive therapy.








No comments:

Post a Comment