Friday, December 9, 2011

upper respiratory infection (URI)

For the past couple days Dane has had low grade fever and a cough.  We did not let him go to school if he was showing symptoms of becoming sick.  I guess that is one advantage of my wife and I working opposite shifts so she can stay home with him during the day and pamper him.  The way things are people go to work sick and send their kids to school sick.  Why are things the way they are?  If your sick, stay home!  Stay away from others to prevent the spread of illness.  At my work place, I have to have a doctor excuse for having time off.  Okay, so now I loose a days pay and now have to pay for a doctor visit which will take me two working days to pay off.  What a crock.

My wife called in to work last night and took Dane to the emergency room.  He was lying down getting ready for bed and was gasping for breath.  My wife asked if he had troubles breathing.  He said "Yes."  I wish he would tell us these things but we have to get it out of him by asking.  He doesn't let us know anything is wrong.  If you suspect something is wrong you have to ask and hopefully get an honest answer.

I stayed home with my daughter, Allyson.  During that time I called the hospital and had Dane checked in before they got to the hospital.  Allyson spiked a 101 degree fever and threw up all over her bed.

I didn't really suspect anything wrong with Dane.  I don't go to the doctor unless I am really sick.  Why?  Because the cost of doctor visits are way overpriced.  You know your sick and what you have and you need to have a doctor tell you what you already know.  All because you need a prescription.

It's a good thing Dane went in to the E.R.  This could have turned into pnemonia.  The doctor recommended a warm must humidifier.  Money well spent.  It works a lot better than that vaporizer we have.  I think I got more steam off a hot cup of coffee than over that pile of junk.

1 comment:

  1. My medical doctor provided me Hycodan and an inhaler for my upper respiratory infection. Sometimes I use home remedy like hot tea and lots of rest. autism lawyer

    ReplyDelete