Sunday, February 3, 2013

clutter

Papers keep piling up.  I seem to can't find my credit card statement.  Bills are due.  What needs to be paid on time and what ones can wait?  Will they take a smaller payment option?  Should I set up a payment plan?  UGH!  Where did I put that statement!

I just spent the last hour de-cluttering mail piling up over the past several months.  What do I save?  Will I need this later?  It's hard to keep up with all these appointments and IEP papers, report cards, artwork from the kids.  What do I need to save?  This is cute now but I will probably throw it out later because I am so sick of clutter. 

I have a couple garbage bags full of donations to give to Good Will when I go grocery shopping later today.  If I don't need it or look at it, I get rid of it.  End of story.

It's bad enough to watch Hoarders on the television that gets me into "Cleanup Mode."  I feel like I am constantly nesting...yes I got that to when we were expecting the unexpected torment of kid drama.  "Daddy!  Dane called me poopy!"  OMG!  What a terrible thing to say..right?  I wish I had little kid problems instead of adult problems.  Growing up sucks!  Responsibilities to uphold.  So many burdens so little time...or none at that just to chill.  Serenity NOW! 

It does in fact feel good to get rid of stuff I don't want/need.  I like to donate when I can.  They're are many less fortunate people out there who need my no longer needed.

The flu has hit the household over the past 2 days.  Allyson started throwing up and didn't stop overnight.  Now, Dane has it today.  It must be a 24 hour bug...I hope.  They seemed to have the same symptoms.  Low grade fever and intense vomiting.  I can handle watching throw up but the smell almost made me barf.  Yuck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment