Monday, February 25, 2013

New Job

On Valentines Day, I was offered a back-up position at work driving forklift.  That was almost 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten my safety training pertaining to the job.  I am still stuck on my job with the same loose strings.  I want out bad.  All I know is that the job is offered and I got it!  9 years it took me to finally get into another spot.  I hope its better then what I do now.  I also hope I don't have to work with bunch of lazy old jag offs who don't amount to jack squat.  Just do your job and go home.  Don't just stand there and complain about others who aren't even in this department...dumbass!  Mind your own beeswax..shut up, do your job and go home.  Misery loves company they say so I just shrug my shoulders and look at the others in my work area, laugh and roll our eyes and go about our business.  Funny how it works.  If you don't let that person get to you yelling about God knows what it only makes them angrier. 

Around 7 pm I am totally drained from the day.  Now I have to watch my 2 little monsters.  They take turns being happy and crabby.  Now that they are both in school they usually both have short tempers.  For once Ally wanted to go to her room and lay in bed on her own.  Thumbs up. Dane also wanted to go to his room and lay by his heater.  Hey, whatever works to give me some tranquility kids.  By the way...Thank you Lord for the peace and quiet I deserve at this very moment.  No screaming and fighting.  This is nice.

I can't believe the math homework Dane brings home.  For first grade this is really hard.  No only is it hard for him but they do the math way different then I learned.  It takes practically half a page to show the work.  How stupid.  Just teach the kids how to add without all this extra pointless work.  By middle school all the kids will have calculators. 

Getting Dane just to do 2 problem solving questions was like pulling teeth.  His attention span is very bad especially when he's overtired.  How many more apple pies are then then cherry pies?  The answer was 3.  Trying to explain this and getting the answer is crazy.  Just write 3 down and go play.  Daddy's tired.  I have to expain that daddy is tired and cranky after work.  They ask "why?"  I just am...just listen to me when I tell you to do something and don't whine and please don't fight.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day they pull me into my new job to train.  I am going to watch my now work area from afar and laugh when they are all swamped with too much work because they will be fighting over who does what.  You really have to be in my situation to find out how this would be funny but it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment