Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jello Meltdown

Home at last from a long day in the factory. A long hard day wanting to get home to a beloved family and take a shower. Walking into a house with a sleeping wife and kids, life is good. Time to unwind.

I was lucky enough to grab the cold leftover pizza out of the fridge from the night before. I can't start the microwave because that will wake up Dane and he will scream half in his sleep. He wouldn't be happy until he stops the microwave and starts it again. That's all part of his routine. I got to tip toe around my house to not wake up the sleeping household. This should be my time to relax.

Nice. I got in a quick shower and the kids are still sleeping. What's this, Dane is waking up and want's Jello? "Okay, you can have some." I say quietly not to wake his little sister.

"I want jello too!" Screams Ally half in her sleep. Oh Sh*t, here we go. Remain calm. I'm beat and I hurt my arm today at my job. Can't I just sit down to a bit of peace and quiet? Just this once? Please? No.

Dane curls up on the floor, throws a sheet over his head with the jello and cries. "Want jello!" A meltdown over jello. He cries for the next 20 minutes. I can't talk him out of it or open the jello for him. He wants to but he won't get off the floor curled in a ball on top of the jello container. Now his sister is whining about jello too. I can feel my hair getting grayer.

Finally. Meltdown over. They have to work themselves out of it. Some are longer then others so this one was about mid-range. At least he didn't bang his head on the floor and try to hit his sister. That is something to be thankful for in the least.

Jello time. Some for you and some for you. Their both happy. Time to go outside, it's nice out. I will sit in the chair and watch the kids play. Not a chance. Now it's Ally's turn to raise hell. She doesn't want to get dressed and get her boots on. She screams, "I don't want it!" Great. Dane is done now it's her turn to make my life miserable. Why?

Now, I have no choice. Off to Grandpa's so they can run and play so my wife can rest up to work the graveyard shift. Their happy. Sweet. Now if they will only go to bed on time tonight so I can try to read my new book before I fall asleep before I finish the first chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment