Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sleepy

With Dane going to his therapy treatment after school he falls asleep on the 40 minute drive to his session.  It's not hard to see why.  He wakes up at 5:30 in the morning and goes to work with me for a 20 minute drive.  There, I meet up with his mother and exchange a few words.  She hands me the keys to her vehicle which I bring home and she leaves for home.  Unless Dane and his sister fall back asleep, he is awake from that time all the way past 4 p.m.  His therapy starts at 4 and he is very groggy waking back up from the quick cat nap.  By that time he is not interested in his therapy because he is too tired.

The counselors have a hard time understanding why he is so tired out at 4 o'clock.  I keep telling them, "My wife works nights and I get the kids up and exchange them in the parking lot with her."  They work well with him but they have no idea how hard our life style is making ends meet to raise our kids.  They think that it will be so much easier for one of us to work part time.  I agree to that aspect, but lets face reality here.  Easier said then done.  There are bills to pay and making any less income will add to our stress levels.

Before school started, Dane had therapy in the morning from 8-11.  There he was more alert and cooperative.  Now, he's in school all day and then therapy for a couple hours afterwords during the week.  That makes for a long day for the little guy.  Cut him and me some slack here.  I work all day and then drive him there and he goes to school and has to try and concentrate what they are working on with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment