Thursday, October 27, 2011

mind games

When I want Dane to do something and I tell him to do it he responds differently.  I do not know if he is not listening, doesn't hear me, doesn't understand, not paying attention or completely ignoring me.  It gets very frustrating.  I am tired of telling him over and over.  It has to be his auditory processing disorder part of his autism.

When I tell his sister to do something she stands there and shakes her head "no."  Then comes times where she has something she shouldn't have.  She had a marker in her hand this morning and was walking around the house with it.  I wanted to take it from her and she ran off with it.  She got to her room and dropped it and slammed the door.  I picked up the marker to put it up so she can't get to them.  She came back out and screamed she wanted to color.

Last night at Grandpas the kids got out the garden hose.  Dane was soaked to the bone spraying himself.  He ran away from me when I wanted to get him back into dry clothes.  Eventually he came up to my dad and wanted to be changed.  About 10 minutes later he came back full of mud from playing in the wet grass they sprayed with the hose.

Ally came up to me and said that Dane put dirt down her pants.  I looked and her underwear was full of dirt.  She was filthy!  I made her go in the house and take bath.  I had to sweep up the mess after she got undressed.  It was a lot of dirt.   After Ally got out of the tub, Dane wanted a bath.  Of course he had to have his sandbox toy he calls, "Spinner."  That seems like the only toy that brings him joy.  He sleeps with it even.

My basement is a mess.  Not only do they drag toys all over the house and make me pick up constantly after them.  They got into the guinea pig bedding and threw it down the stairs and all over the basement floor.  We have a social story to pick up toys I will have to use with Dane.  We have had success with the no hitting social story.  Instead of hitting Ally he growls, clenches his fists and yells, "I'm mad at you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment