Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daylight Savings Time

I am not a fan of this daylight savings time. Why can't they just set it back and then leave it?

I used to be excited about the falling back part. There, you gain an hour. By bed time now the kids should be getting ready for bed or if not already tired out from the day. That's the great thing about gaining that hour.

Now, we sprung forward and lost that hour. By bed time now the kids are wide awake because their into the routine of getting to bed by 8:30. But now the clock would have said 9:30 instead of 8:30.

Here we go again trying to wind our children down for the night and try and get them to bed at a favorable time. Come 9 o'clock and 10 o'clock I want these kids in bed.

I have to get up at 4:50 in the morning and get them out of bed with me and go to work. This is where I exchange vehicles with my wife and she brings the kids back home. Our time slots work out perfect right now where she works nights. She's done at 6 am. I get into the parking lot at 6. We exchange a few words and then I punch in at 6:15. Perfect, eliminating day care for now.

Come spring when the clocks change again, the routine kicker happens again. Finally it seems like they get to bed on time and then the clocks go forward or back. I guess no one can win this game of father time and his practical joke on working parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment