Tuesday, April 19, 2011

shift change bs

My wife was the only one to sign up from her 3rd shift back-up position and move to the 2nd shift spot.  Same job, different shift.  Our employer is giving her the run around and not giving her a strait answer why she isn't going to 2nd.  They go against their policy and write their own rules.  How does a job posting with confidential sign ups in the office leak out who signs up?

One woman went to the HR office and asked who signed up.  The HR lady said that my wife did.  That woman blabbed about my wife signing up and said something to the office.  That woman just doesn't want to train anyone to do her job when she is gone.  Why is it any of her business why my wife wants/needs to get on 2nd.

First of all, it's hard on her body staying up all night.  She's always tired and doesn't know when to sleep.  Second, my sons intensive autism therapy is 2 days a week for 3 hours.  My wife has to leave work and come home.  That's 20 miles right there.  She takes a quick shower, grabs some coffee and then travels another 40 miles one way to my sons therapy.   For the next 3 hours and then the drive home shes extremely wiped out.  And 3rd, it's hard on our marriage.  We never see each other and we raise our kids pretty much alone.

They better straiten this out really quick.  If my wife doesn't transfer, she'll give up her back-up job on the spot.  Then what?  2nd and 3rd will both need those positions filled.  How stupid are they?  Follow company policy, give her the transfer and then post a 3rd shift back-up position.  She has a one week window of weather or not she wants it and can transfer back to 3rd.  At least give her that option.  I am so sick of company politics and their rule bending.  I suppose if we were union we could file a grievance.  But were not.

Getting these kids out of bed, dressed and in the car at 5 in the morning is not easy.  They do not help me one bit in the least.  They curl up and whine.  One day Dane locked me out of the house.  He eventually let me back in and I made it to work on time. 

If and when my wife gets on 2nd shift I think that will be for the best.  She will be able to sleep at night and take Dane to his therapy before work.  I won't have to get the kids ready so early in the morning with me.  That will be peachy.  They only thing is that our daycare will have to watch my daughter all week for a couple hours until I get out of work.  I will have to pick Dane up from school right after.  I hope this gets easier in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment