Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Time

Finally a nearly warm day with no snow left on the ground. Yesterday would have been awesome with the nice weather, which it was, until 3 storms moved on through the area. We were in the red zone and tornado watch till 2 a.m. An area within 30 miles got nailed with a tornado in the west. Another area school and 5,000 people without power about 45 miles in the east got hit also. We got high winds about 40 mph and some heavy rain fall. Hail showers in the north golf ball size. I'm glad that didn't hit us.

I got home from work and Ally was a beast. I picked up Dane from school and all he wanted to do was play with his pin wheels and go for a bike ride. I was tired but I pulled Ally in the wagon and Dane rode through the water puddles in his big wheel to the end of the block. When we got back I put water in his water table and he played with that for a while and got all wet. Usually a small drop of water bothers him and he wants to change right away. I don't know why tonight was different but he wasn't trying to take his shirt off when it was wet.

Our neighbor is a police man. Dane was pointing his finger at his car at the stop sign yelling,"Daddy, police car!" The cop put on his lights for him and then drove off. Dane thought that was cool. It's good to know we live in a patrolled area with little crime. Living next to a cop helps also.

A neighbor lady stopped by with her dog. Of course the kids want to pet it and say "Hello." I was on the phone and had to hang up to talk to a neighbor I've never met before about her dog. I wish the kids wouldn't try to bother all the people going for a walk and make me start conversations with them. She didn't seem to mind though.

Got the kids in the house around 7:30 and they watched "Disneys Little Einsteins." I don't know what they like so much about that cartoon. After a while I think it get's annoying. We have the On Demand feature with our cable and they can watch it when ever they want. I try and tell them it's not on so hopefully they will watch something else. Ally knows I'm lying and she demands to watch it. If they'd only play some different episodes.

Dane has his therapy at 9 a.m. tomorrow for 3 hours. My wife has to get home from working all night, get home, shower and head out 40 miles to meet his therapists. I don't know how she does it. She might be getting on 2nd shift to where she will be able to sleep at night. That will damper our daycare plans and we will have to figure something out on that note. I guess everything happens for a "good" reason, right?


Small clip someone captured of the weather that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment