Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Assistance/Autism Services

Our county case worker stopped in tonight to check up on how Dane is progressing.  She usually makes it a once a month deal to see what's new or improving with his behavior.  We had Grandpa take him and his sister, Ally, to Grandpa's house so we could discuss his behavior.  She did not want him around to over hear us talking about him.  

Right now we do qualify for a little bit of state assistance.  Not much.  My insurance, which I will be fighting with in time, will have to cover past my deductible.  Up to 50k I think. The way she made it sound was the state might pitch in for the co-pay.  I don't even know how much that is but I don't think it is much.  To tell the truth though, I am not fully sure my insurance will cover anything.  I hope I am wrong and they pitch in what I pay for my premium and my employer pays.  The insurance can word their policies any way they want.  They make it sound like their on your side. They switch gears and reword things and say they don't cover autism services.  I really need to look more into my insurance or state laws on insurance paying for such services.

Friday she will be coming back to observe him further and see if we will qualify for further assistance.  I don't get it.  We were approved no more then a couple months ago.  She is going to make a choice if we get assistance based on one observation?  Is this going to be a case of he looks fine, leaves, and then his autism acts up and it's meltdown city?  You cannot see everything what happens in a one hour session, c'mon.  She has observed him at school before.

I think a lot of this is about the budget cuts their doing in the state.  She didn't say but that is why "I" think she needs to re submit her paperwork on my son.  They just may make a determination that he isn't "severe" enough for the state to help out.  But the state can continue to spend money on a bunch of other programs the screw the taxpayers even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment