Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Patience

Dane has little to no patience.  When he has it in his head that he wants something or go somewhere he yells at me, "Now!"  This happens right when I get home from work.  I only ask that I eat and take a quick shower before we do anything together. 

Today, Dane wanted to go to Grandpa's, as usual.  "Now Daddy!"  I tell him that we would leave soon.  Soon isn't soon enough.  He wants to go, now!  He grrs, clenches his fists, stomps his feet and then says, "Fine, I'm going!"  I try to hurry and get dressed and he's out the door and in my vehicle.  He adjusted the rearview mirror and got fingerprints all over it.  He had the dome lights on and was sitting in the back seat.  He was more then ready to leave.  With or without me.  But he has a problem.  I am his ride.  If he's going anywhere, its through me to decide.  I don't like being yelled at and told to "Shut up" whenever I tell him to do something.  Then he grumbles and say's that I'm naughty.  When I turn around and say that he's naughty he rolls up into a ball and cries.

So here I am at my dads venting out on this blog my frustration while he watches the kids for a bit while I write this.  I work all day and am very tired and just want to sit down.

The neighbors dog, Spud shows up here all the time.  He's a cute Jack Russel and looks like that dog from the tv series, Frasier.  Dane just adores that dog and says its his dog.  I don't mind the dog coming to visit but my problem is when it runs across the road, Dane wants to follow.  Dane gets on the edge of the driveway and waits for that dog to come back.  He isn't on the road and I keep telling him to get back.  He's too close to the road.  Finally Spud comes back and he chases it around the yard.

In writing this, Ally, my daughter comes in and said that Dane peed on her.  Great, now I have to explain or have Danes therapist, Katie draw him a picture showing him that it is not polite to pee on others.  The last story she drew was about him not spitting on others.  Dane was spitting on Ally, chewing up his food and then spitting it out on her plate and laughing histaricly.  That's bad behavior and needs to be disciplined.  A time out is an order.  Dane is so tall and strong and I try to keep him in the chair and look disappointed at him like our family counceler told us to do.  Bad behavior needs no attention drawn to it.  She told us to use the words, "You Will Not!"  and not over explain because he's not listening anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment