Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chelation

When I first got the results that my son was diagnosed with autism, I wanted answers. What do I do now? Who do we go to? Can we do anything about this? Will my child grow out of it?

Thinking back within the last decade, I don't recall ever hearing much about autism. Now, since my son was diagnosed over a year ago, it seems like it's all I hear about. Billboard signs, radio ads, TV, magazine articles, etc. I guess someone who doesn't have kids pays attention to things like that. After kids and becoming parents the first time, you ask yourself, "Is this normal for my child?" You begin to talk with other parents and compare your kids. You need to know.

My sister talked of a woman who has two autistic children who were given something that the woman said, "Changed their children and seen a difference within a week." Could this be a treatment their not telling us? What is it?

Chelation treatment involves chemical removal of metals from the body. Some people say it can help and even cure autism. Chelation has been used for lead poisoning with successful results. The chemicals in the chelation bind to the metals and then are excreted from the body by urination.

Some people think that thimersol, a preservative, mercury based vaccine is responsible for causing autism. By disposing of the metal people hope to reverse the effects of autism caused by the mercury. There may be potential dangers of using chelation therapy and really no scientific research backing up if it is safe and effective. I'm not sure. If your curious about the subject I suggest you do more research.

There are no studies linking mercury to the development of autism or showing that children with autism had greater exposure to mercury than children who are unaffected from what I've read up on.  So, what causes autism?  Genetics being mutated or a link to vaccines?  Someday we will know more about it from studies being done.

I don't know what to think about this cleansing of metals to help autism cases. It's interesting to know that it's out there but I'd have to check into it more before I went through with it. My child's safety comes first over any treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment