Monday, June 20, 2011

stress

Why is it when parents work so hard all week, coming home to kids who don't listen and being together as a family make your work life much happier then your home life? I cannot understand this. All I want is a happy family. Having an autistic son and a daughter who copy's his behavior makes things harder.

My wife works 3rd shift in a factory. I work 1st at that same job. We do this in order to eliminate day care and make ends meet. Do ends ever meet? Why is it so hard to get our kids to listen to us and make our home life happier?

The way I see it is that my wife has a certain way of raising our kids. When I get the kids is a different way of control. When were together as parents our kids take control over our household. They do not want to listen to either one of us. They fight and tell us "No."

They listen to my wife when it is just her watching the kids. They listen to me when I have the kids. Our structure as a family when were all together seems to diminish some days. Were unhappy. Then the kids settle down and then there is serenity where we can be happy again. It's the time of disagreement and the kids fighting and not listening that brings us to our knees wondering, "What are we doing wrong?"

Things would be totally different if just one of us could stay home. We are living as single parents raising these kids. Will things get better? I sure hope so.

With the intensive therapy starting for my son and my daughter getting out of diapers things should be getting back on the right track. God I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment