Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Interests

There is something about robots that my son Dane finds amusing. The Disney movie "Wall-E" for one.


It's interesting. A movie with very little speech has such an impact of entertainment on him. He would watch this movie back to back some days. To a point I had to get him interested on something else. I would read him a book and a while later he would want Wall-E again.

We gave Dane a radio controlled Wall-E robot for his 4th birthday. He took it to school to show the class for "show and tell." The kids thought that was pretty cool. It's funny how a cartoon that didn't get much attention to brought this much happiness to my son.

Wal-mart had a Wall-E bed set in the clearance isle with 2 sets of curtains, pillow covers, sheets and a comforter. I didn't get them. I told my wife what I seen and she wanted them. We drove back to the store and they were gone. I was kicking myself for not getting something my boy admired.

Several weeks later we were in a different area at a different Wal-mart. There they were. Cheaper even. 1 left. I got them. We dressed up his room with Wall-E and found a poster also to put on his wall. The look on his face was priceless.

When Robosapian came out, I wanted one. There it sat for the past 4 years. I had it way up high so the kids wouldn't break it. They were both looking up at it so I finally decided to bring it down and let them have at it. It is so funny watching them try to make it do its functions. They love the dance mode the best.



When I was young, a movie "Short Circuit" had a robot that reminded me of Wall-E. I showed Dane this and he liked it also. Pretty cool how something from my childhood can carry over to my children for amusement.

I'm glad to see that Dane has moved on to other things of interest besides his pinwheels and sandbox toys.  Anything that spins Dane would be so involved with.  He is maturing and his mind is starting to expand to other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment