Wednesday, June 8, 2011

water, left out & noises

It really heated up this week.  Yesterday and today reached a high of 96 degrees.  For the rest of the week we're back into the mid 60's.  It will probably storm with this cold front moving in.  It was so hot in the house I had to set up a sleeping area in our basement so we could all sleep.  I'd run our air conditioner but our electric bill goes way up.  I switched over to box fans for our windows but from what happened last summer the bill was no different then if I ran the air conditioner.  Why waste the energy if the house doesn't cool down?  Just go downstairs I figure.

Dane loves water unless it involves getting his hair washed.  My sister-in-law bought a water sprinkler system from the dollar store.  She thought that the older kids would have played with it but Dane was the only one.  Allyson, my daughter, stayed in the clear because the water was cold.  Once Dane ran through it once, he had fun with his cousins spraying him with their super soakers.  I originally bought the water guns thinking Dane would play with them but he can't squeeze the trigger.  I'd like to go back and maybe find him a battery operated water sprayer so he can play and get back at his cousins.

Grandma had 5 tickets to see the same circus we just seen last week.  I do not wish to see it again but my nephews didn't see it.  Grandma took my 2 nephews and had 2 tickets left for kids 12 and under free admission.  Dane overheard that they were going to the circus.  I told him that he already seen the circus and now it is Damian and Tylers turn.  He went to our truck and threw the booster seats in the back and then buckled himself in.  There he stayed spinning the wheels on his little car.  I came to check on him from time to time and ask if he was going to come out and play.  He said "No" and that he's going to the circus.  As long as he wasn't getting out of control I thought I'd let him sit in the car until he was ready to come out.

A while later Grandma and the boys left and Dane came out.  He took it pretty well seeing that Grandpa stayed back.  He got out his power wheels jeep and rode around the yard with his sister on her 4 wheeler power wheels.  I got out the go cart and we chased each other around the yard.  Dane wanted a ride because I gave Ally one.  He would have had a complete meltdown if I wouldn't have but it was no trouble.

Dane has his therapy tomorrow and I have FML off of work.  I get to talk with one of the counselors with my wife to discuss how things are going and if we need to work on anything new.  The noises he is making sticking out his tongue and unresponsive when we talk to him is to be of concern.  The counselor wants us to try and capture on video what he looks like during the process.  It may be seizure activity and may lead up to an EEG scan on his brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment