Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dogs

I do not like dogs around my kids, especially big dogs.  Today was my nephews 10th birthday.  The carnival was is town so I took him, his cousin and his sister to town to ride the gravitron ride.  That ride rocks!  I haven't ridden it since I was in the 7th grade.  I haven't seen that ride since until this year.  Awesome.

I wanted someone to go on the ufo gravitron ride with.  I chose my oldest nephew to go with.  Afterwords we went on the zipper.  I will never go on the zipper again.  The operator ran it way too fast the whole time.  That is the worst experience I ever had on that ride.  My nephew was falling under the bar that goes on your lap.  He was yelling to "Stop!"  After I looked and seen what was going on, I yelled at the operator to stop.  He didn't.  He put it in reverse and went the other way which the ride does.  I didn't think it would stop.  He beat the crap out of us.  My wrist and forearms are still sore today from holding on.

My nephew liked the gravitron a lot so he bragged to his 2 cousins how awesome it was.  I took them to town and we rode it.  They had a blast.  I bought my niece a dream catcher because she wanted one.  She has bad nightmares and wanted it.  For 4 bucks I thought I'd get it for her.  The 2 boys were begging me to buy them a knife from the vendor.  I told them that I paid for their ride and brought them to town.  I went up to my old bedroom where I found an old switchblade comb to give to the birthday boy who wanted a knife.  That made him happy.

Later that day we had a lot of the family over.  The golden retriever was nearby and all the kids were running around not doing anything to disturb the dog.  I was on the other side of my truck when I heard loud barking and growling.  I thought the dog was attacking the toy poodle my parents have.  Then I heard screaming.  That dog got my 5 year old nephew by his arm and threw him to the ground.  He had puncture marks on his arm and was very frightened.

I don't know what got into that dog.  It has been a hot and muggy day and maybe the heat got to it.  I don't know and that's not an excuse for an attack on a child.  It scared Dane so bad as to think all dogs are bad.  We had to sit him down because he was shook up and explain to him that not all dogs are bad but this one was very naughty.

I don't care if a person is a dog lover and loves their dog but if that dog attacks, the owner better do something about it.  Either leave that damn dog at home or tie it up.  Keep it away from kids.  What would happen if that dog would have took its agitation out on another child who wasn't family?  I can guess a couple options that would happen.  

I don't want my kids near dogs especially after something like this happened.  I hate it living in town with all the neighbors walking their dogs and my kids wanting to pet them and running to the road.

You never know when a dog will get a chip on its shoulder so parents and owners better be aware of what could happen.  I am thankful that my nephew got it on his arm and not his face.  Either way, it shouldn't have happened but it did happen.  That dog is not allowed near my kids anymore.

After things settled down and the dog was taken back home my brother in law shot off fireworks he needed to get rid of.  That was a nice way to end the night.  It would have been a perfect day if that dog wouldn't have done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment