Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Issues & Injury

Yesterday I talked to Danes teacher who said he got a time out for throwing wood chips at other kids.  He came back into the school crying and hitting the wall.  I asked him if anything happened in school and he did tell me he got into trouble.  I told his teacher that this is the behavior issues we have with him at home.  If we tell him "no" he throws an attitude.  He hits us, himself, the wall, throws, knocks over...uncontrollable!

Today he must have been upset from the incident still.  He was a handful for my wife to keep him calm.  I called home from work to see how things were going.  She said she kept him home from school.  When they got home to get ready to take Dane to school he started banging his head on the floor.  He got a big bump on his head.  He also gave himself a nosebleed from hitting his head.  I sat in my car at work just shaking my head wondering what we're going to do about this behavior.

I got him this ball called "perplexus."  I thought he'd like it.  It's like a little marble you roll around these obstacles from start to finish.  He likes it but he gets mad at it.  He got upset at something and started hitting himself with the ball.  He put a dent in it so I had to take a screw and pull out the dent.

When Grandpa came over to visit we took my vehicle to put air into the tire because the low tire pressure light was on.  Since I was putting air into my tire I thought I'd pump up the kids hopper balls. When we got home Dane didn't like how hard the ball was so he started hurting his teeth and pulled out the plug.  I let some air out and he was fine.  His attitude and behavior really has me concerned.

He swears, hits and has unbelievable outbursts lately.  I am thinking were are getting to the point of having in home services to work with him instead of driving him to a clinic.  I thought those services were doing well with him but now I think we need to change our plan of action.

Dane really thinks and asks questions that makes my jaw drop.  He asked me how many rocks there are in space.  "4?" he asks.  I said, "Well, the moon is one big rock and the stars are all rocks that are on fire."  He then asks why they are on fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment